Do you have a proven record of excellence in patent documentation or invention disclosure writing?
Do you have a talent for creating 2D and 3D visualisations of technical and non-technical concepts?
Do you have a background in engineering, science or Intellectual Property?
Are you passionate about technology?
Invent your future
Iprova is the company that is reinventing invention.
We’re pioneering a data-driven, artificial intelligence-enabled approach that enables the creation of valuable physical science inventions much faster and more disruptively than ever before. Our inventions are already helping to define the next generation of products and services at companies across the USA, Europe and Asia, such as Sony, Philips, DuPont and Panasonic. All of the world’s top 10 technology companies — including Google, Microsoft and Apple — reference our inventions in their publications.
Not only do we invent fast, we are also growing fast!
What you will be doing
This role will utilise your high level communication skills and scientific knowledge to produce technical documentation across a wide range of science and technology themes. You will produce invention disclosures, illustrations and other documentation that describe complex technical concepts in a thoroughly accurate yet clear and concise manner. Your work will contribute to conceptualising landmark inventions that will help define the products of tomorrow, in cooperation with some of the world’s most recognised brands.
What interests us in a candidate
You should stand out from your peers because of your proven ability to author patent documentation or similar across a broad range of science and technology themes.
Your ability to liaise with inventors to fully understand a technical idea may stem from your previous experience in a science, research or Intellectual Property field.
Your clear yet engaging visual style enables you to create diagrams and illustrations of objects, systems and use cases that can effectively communicate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences, demonstrated through a small portfolio.
Your background should include evidence of previous technical writing experience or other relevant science communication writing.
- A first or 2:1 degree in a physical science or engineering, with strong GPA or equivalent, OR a qualification in a relevant illustration/visual design discipline with industry experience in a technical field
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- An ability to create illustrations (including 3D, 2D, technical and non-technical) which clearly communicate invention concepts to our clients, demonstrated through a small portfolio
- Demonstrable experience of authoring documents relevant to Intellectual Property and patents
- Able to produce clear and concise technical documentation to deadline
- Knowledge of or interest in a broad spectrum of science and technology fields outside your own area of expertise
- Able to work and communicate with technical experts in a variety of fields
- Proven ability to rapidly and intuitively grasp new technically complex ideas
- Willingness to contribute to the production of additional in-house documentation
- Desirable: the ability to assess novelty and patentability of a technical invention
What we offer
We offer competitive packages, performance bonuses and a creative and highly technical working environment. As we have offices in the UK (London and Cambridge) and Switzerland (Lausanne) we offer an opportunity to enjoy:
- Skiing and hiking in the beauty of the Swiss Alps within 45 minutes of our Lausanne office
- Buzz and energy in one of the world’s most vibrant capitals at our central London office
- Being at the core of the high-tech scene in our Cambridge office
This position will be based in the United Kingdom (London or Cambridge), with occasional travel to other office locations.
Some of the other great benefits include
Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Convenient central and modern office spaces with perks and amenities.
- Professional development opportunities
- Travel and conference attendance is actively encouraged, together with continuous learning
- And of course an opportunity to join our friendly and fun loving team!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, cover letter and two examples of relevant technical documentation that you have previously produced to demonstrate your suitability for this opportunity.
During periods where we receive very high numbers of applications, we will only reply to those we wish to advance.
We will only use the information you give us for recruitment purposes. By submitting your details to apply for a position, you consent to have your personal details used to process the job application. We will treat the information in strict confidence.