This position is for a talented marketer with experience in B2B SaaS and technology-focused companies. The job is UK based, with flexible home working within reasonable distance of our Cambridge or London offices.
Invent your future
Iprova is the pioneer of a data-driven approach to invention. By using the inventive power of the world’s information, we convey invention superpowers to engineers and scientists around the globe.
Every day we create inventions that help our customers to define new products and value-creating services in areas such as autonomous vehicles, healthcare, and communications. Hundreds of patents have been filed by our customers who include Sony, Philips, Nokia, Panasonic, and BIC. This has been achieved using our advanced, unique AI/ML/NLP technology, enabling the products and services of tomorrow to be invented faster and more disruptively than ever before.
This hands-on job is your chance to lead and execute Iprova’s marketing communication activities.
As Iprova’s marketing communications manager you will work in an exciting, high-energy, creative and fast-moving scale-up environment, and work alongside some of the world’s best-known technology companies such as Dupont, Panasonic, Philips and Sony. You will help to craft our messaging and positioning as the company evolves its SaaS business, and play a key role in the growth of Iprova.
What interests us in a candidate
- You are a hands-on, creative and experienced marketer with a love of technology and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts accurately and simply, plus understand how to convey the business benefits of technologies.
- You have experience in B2B marketing, ideally with a SaaS component
- You have a proven history of successful B2B demand creation and lead generation through marketing initiatives. In particular you will be able to demonstrate your experience in generating inbound leads through the use of digital marketing.
- You will be self-motivated and comfortable working remotely on your own initiative, while also able to work as part of a larger team
- You will have some experience in public relations, dealing with the media, writing press releases and ideally have some journalist contacts
- You are a strong believer in harnessing today’s different and varied digital channels for building presence in multiple industrial sectors. Perhaps you are a blogger in your spare time, writing about technology
- Ideally you will have an appreciation and knowledge of Intellectual Property and associated markets
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you will:
- Develop, own and implement the marketing communications plan, and execute marketing campaigns
- Continually find ways to improve on marketing metrics and KPIs through testing new initiatives
- Work closely with the rest of the business development team, enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Create and update sales collateral and other marketing materials.
- Act as an Iprova evangelist at key events and with the media
- Prepare press releases and other texts (e.g. website, social media, 1-pagers, brochures), and place these with target journalists
- Manage the company’s digital presence and direct programs to develop our reputation and recognition, and drive inbound lead generation
Key qualities and skills
- Some combination of: a degree in a numerate subject, marketing related academic qualifications, or relevant professional qualifications.
- At least 3 years of marketing communications experience in technology-focused or intellectual property centric B2B companies.
- Experience in crafting messages that clearly communicate the value proposition of complex technological products or services.
- Hands-on experience and expertise in digital marketing technologies, including SEO, CRM, automated marketing tools, Google Analytics, PPC tools, Twitter, Linked-In, Medium
- Experience running PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives
- General IT skills including Microsoft and Google office suites, experience with one or more drawing and design packages
- Excellent written, communication and public presentation skills in English.In particular, experience writing press releases and other PR content
What we offer
- Work with some great people in an exciting and fast growing technology area.
- Exceptionally competitive packages in a fun-yet-focused working environment.
- Regular travel to Switzerland (travel conditions permitting) for work, with opportunities for extra-curricular activities such as hiking and skiing.
- Initial selection and interview and preparation of initial collateral.
- Invitation to prepare a press release and other collateral.
- 2nd interview in the UK.
- Final interview in Switzerland (travel conditions permitting).
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the position and why you feel you will be suitable to email@example.com.
For this position we are not looking to work with recruitment agencies.
During periods where we receive very high numbers of applications, we will only reply to those we wish to advance.
Please note that we will only use the information you give us for recruitment purposes. By submitting your details to apply for a position, you consent to have your personal details used to process the job application. We will treat the information in strict confidence.