Are you inspired by the potential to help world-renowned technology companies deliver new products and services?
Do you have a background in engineering or science?
We’re pioneering a data-driven, artificial intelligence-enabled approach that enables the creation of valuable physical science inventions much faster and more disruptively than ever before. Our inventions are already helping to define the next generation of products and services at companies across the USA, Europe and Asia, such as Sony, Philips, DuPont and Panasonic. All of the worlds top 10 technology companies — including Google, Microsoft and Apple — reference our inventions in their publications.
What interests us in a candidate
You should stand out from your peers because of your broad and intuitive knowledge of engineering and/or physical sciences. We work with our customers at the leading edge of technology and you will be able to substantively demonstrate that you can do the same.
Your intrinsic technical knowledge may well stem from your genuine passion for technology, and this will extend to your interests and activities outside of work.
What you’ll be doing
This stimulating graduate/PhD level role will offer you the opportunity to use your scientific knowledge and creativity in combination with our pioneering software to create landmark inventions that will help define the products of tomorrow, in cooperation with some of the world’s most recognised brands. There is no programming involved in this role, but you will work closely with our software team.
Key qualities and skills
- A first degree in a physical science or engineering discipline, with strong GPA or equivalent. A strong practical knowledge of electronic engineering is strongly preferred, but other disciplines will be considered
- A certain level of industry experience working in technical design, product or intellectual property roles
- An ability to demonstrate a deep and intuitive understanding of your domain, and to apply this widely across many fields
- Creative and yet also able to accurately and quickly resolve and document highly complex technical ideas
- A genuine passion for technology, with non-work activities or interests that substantiate this
- An ability to communicate technically complex ideas in a straightforward and understandable way
What we offer
We offer competitive packages, performance bonuses and a creative and highly technical working environment. As we have offices in the UK (London and Cambridge) and in Switzerland (Lausanne) we offer an opportunity to enjoy potentially:
- Skiing and hiking in the beauty of the Swiss Alps within 45 minutes of our Lausanne office
- Buzz and energy in one of the world’s most vibrant capitals at our central London office
- Being at the core of the high-tech scene in our Cambridge office
Some of the other great benefits include
- Flexible working arrangements
- Close association with some of the world’s leading universities, including EPFL in Lausanne
- Many opportunities for publishing papers
- Conference participation is actively encouraged, together with continuous learning
- And of course an opportunity to join our friendly and fun loving team!
This position is based in the UK only (London or Cambridge).
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with you CV and a personal introduction to demonstrate to us how you are suited to this opportunity.
During periods where we receive very high numbers of applications, we will only reply to those we wish to advance.
Please note that we will only use the information you give us for recruitment purposes. By submitting your details to apply for a position, you consent to have your personal details used to process the job application. We will treat the information in strict confidence.