Permanent (part time, 50%+ ) Office-based in Lausanne, with occasional home office possible
Iprova is a fun and exciting, yet established, high-tech company which is in hypergrowth mode. Do you have the energy, enthusiasm and passion to make things happen in a fast moving and dynamic environment? Do you want to be at the operational heart of one of the hottest AI scale-ups, which is using AI to achieve creative outcomes? If so, then we would like to hear from you!
The job involves working alongside our CEO and, as a result, you will have the opportunity to build relationships at all levels both within the start-up community in Switzerland and with Iprova’s global customer base and partners.
The focus of this role is also to ensure the smooth running of internal operations for our Lausanne office. This will include acting as the executive assistant to our CEO, managing office-related tasks, as well as giving local HR support. You will also be our key contact with our office manager based in the UK office, working closely together to co-ordinate the company’s overall internal operations. We are looking for someone who enjoys communicating with others, who enjoys taking the lead in solving problems and is clear on how their part of the work fits and feeds into the overall success of the company. Above all, you must be highly organized.
We are seeking an out-going, driven, solution-oriented and commercially-minded individual who thrives in being the ‘go to’ person for the day to day running of the office. You would like to work in a high growth technology company and want to be part of our vision to make invention creation an accessible and widespread skill available to all.
Join the growth story at Iprova
We are an exciting, innovative technology company enjoying real growth that has created thousands of inventions for our clients using our data-driven invention software, in hundreds of areas, as diverse as small modular nuclear reactors, mobile devices and shaving. Our customers include P&G, Sony and Philips and we also partner with a range of exciting companies. For example, Lotus in the automotive market.
We are pioneering the development of artificial intelligence and other technologies which augment and enhance the human ability to invent. Working with some of the world’s best-known technology companies in North America, Europe and Japan, our platform enables the products of tomorrow to be invented faster and more efficiently than has previously been possible. It also transforms invention from the artisanal skill of an elite few to the systematic and accessible activity of the majority. Already, all 10 of the world’s largest tech companies, including Amazon, Apple and Google, reference granted patents based on our inventions.
- Support the CEO is overcoming problems, addressing opportunities and general organization.
- Help coordinate the company’s financial reporting and undertake basic book-keeping activities
- Organise visits from customers and other external stakeholders – travel arrangement advice, social event organisation, restaurant booking
- Organise key meetings and events for the company, in particular follow-up on action items from key meetings
- Support on-boarding of new staff members
- Support staff members in HR-related tasks, including preparing work permits and references, help with fulfilling employers’ obligations such as reporting accidents, pension and insurance management as well as payroll coordination.
- Support the company’s recruitment effort, including facilitating the creation of job descriptions, posting job advertisement on company website, job boards and follow up with candidates in the recruitment process. Work with recruitment agencies where applicable.
- Ensure all supplier invoices are passed onto our accounting functions for processing. Resolve issues with office invoices
- Liaise with accountants when required
- Ensure office supplies – IT equipment, stationery, furniture – are adequate
- Filing important documents, such as contracts
- Be the point of contact on specific networking groups, such as Scale Up Vaud, as well as for EPFL Innovation Park where the office is based
- Miscellaneous sales and marketing administrative support
Key skills and attributes
The successful applicant will have demonstrated their organisational abilities and ccommunication skills. You will enjoy using their own initiatives to find ways to remove roadblocks for themselves and for the team.
- Previous EA / office management experience, ideally in a start-up / scale-up environment
- Ability to take on local bookkeeping and finance tasks, and coordinate with our accountants in Switzerland and the UK
- Some experience in HR recruitment and HR administration would be an advantage
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. One other European language is a plus.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, ability to get up to speed with a new software packages as needed is essential
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to anticipate the next steps
- Great social and communication skills, and ability to multi-task effectively
- Professional and polished demeanour
- Self-starter, high energy, with a flexible, positive attitude, good personal time management and a good sense of humour
What’s in it for you?
- Coaching, training, support, career development and management. We want you to find your job amazing and have fun – and remove anything that might get in the way !
- The role is very varied and interesting. You will be exposed to different aspects in the running of a company, from HR, finance to sales operations, marketing and engineering. You will also work alongside our CEO and have the opportunity to build your network in the scale-up ecosystem in Switzerland and further afield.
- Working with your manager, you will have the opportunity to develop your role and evolve to other sales, business and or finance functions such as sales or finance operations. as our company is expanding and new functions and needs will open up.
- Opportunity to develop your understanding of the R&D, IP and enterprise SaaS ecosystems we operate in.
- We actively encourage employee participation in the company and are introducing a stock option plan.
Iprova is a mix of people and backgrounds, from very bright machine learning engineers and invention developers to pragmatic managers. Across this group there is a common thread – a desire to develop software products that enable the creation of standout inventions that define the next gen product we will all use. If you are looking for a company where you can explore, learn, grow and experiment in an environment that values you for what you bring, then come and have a chat with us.
Our management and staff excel at what they do and are the heart of what Iprova does. As a company, we are big enough to make a real difference to our customers, but still small enough to know each other well, have fun, be flexible and appreciate what each individual brings to the company. We especially like to have fun.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your specific interest in the position and why you feel you will be suitable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Languages: English (Fluent)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland, with occasional home working possible.
Start date: ASAP
During periods where we receive very high numbers of applications, we will only reply to those we wish to advance. We will only use the information you give us for recruitment purposes. By submitting your details to apply for a position, you consent to have your personal details used to process the job application. We will treat the information in strict confidence.