Technical Author (Intellectual Property)
Do you have a proven record of excellence in patent documentation or invention disclosure writing?
Do you have a background in engineering, science or intellectual property?
Are you passionate about technology?
Invent your future
Iprova is the company that is reinventing invention.
We’re pioneering a data-driven, artificial intelligence-enabled approach that enables the creation of valuable physical science inventions much faster and more disruptively than ever before. Our inventions are already helping to define the next generation of products and services at companies across the USA, Europe and Asia, such as Sony, Philips, DuPont and Panasonic. All of the world’s top 10 technology companies – including Google, Microsoft and Apple – reference our inventions in their publications.
Not only do we invent fast, we are also growing fast!
What interests us in a candidate
You should stand out from your peers because of your proven ability to author patent documentation or similar across a broad range of science and technology themes.
Your ability to liaise with inventors to fully understand a technical idea may stem from your previous experience in a science, research or intellectual property field.
Your background should include evidence of previous technical writing experience or other relevant science communication writing.
- A first degree in one of the physical sciences or engineering, with strong GPA or equivalent
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Demonstrable experience of authoring documents relevant to intellectual property and patents
- Able to produce clear and concise technical documentation to deadline
- Knowledge of or interest in a broad spectrum of science and technology fields outside your own area of expertise
- Able to work and communicate with technical experts in a variety of fields
- Proven ability to rapidly and intuitively grasp new technically complex ideas
- Willingness to contribute to the production of additional in-house documentation
- Desirable: the ability to assess novelty and patentability of a technical invention
What you will be doing
This role will utilise your high level communication skills and scientific knowledge to produce technical documentation across a wide range of science and technology themes. You will produce invention disclosures and other documentation that describe complex technical concepts in a thoroughly accurate yet clear and concise manner. Your work will contribute to conceptualising landmark inventions that will help define the products of tomorrow, in cooperation with some of the world’s most recognised brands.
What we offer
We offer competitive packages, performance bonuses and a creative and highly technical working environment. As we have offices in the UK (London and Cambridge) and Switzerland (Lausanne) we offer an opportunity to enjoy:
- Skiing and hiking in the beauty of the Swiss Alps within 45 minutes of our Lausanne office
- Buzz and energy in one of the world’s most vibrant capitals at our central London office
- At the heart of the world-renowned technology hub – and historical city – of Cambridge (UK)
Please note: this position will be based in the United Kingdom (London or Cambridge), with occasional travel to other office locations.
Some of the other great benefits include
- Flexible working arrangements
- Close association with some of the world’s leading universities, including EPFL
- Many opportunities for publishing papers
- Travel and conference attendance is actively encouraged, together with continuous learning
- And of course an opportunity to join our friendly and fun loving team!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, cover letter and two examples of relevant technical documentation that you have previously produced to demonstrate your suitability for this opportunity.
Acknowledgement: During periods where we receive very high numbers of applications, we will only reply to those we wish to advance.
Data Protection: Please note that we will only use the information you give us for recruitment purposes. By submitting your details to apply for a position, you consent to have your personal details used to process the job application. We will treat the information in strict confidence.
Strictly No Agencies: we have existing contracts with our preferred recruitment agencies and will not review speculative CVs from other agencies