Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Invent your future
Iprova is the company that is reinventing invention.
We’re pioneering a data-driven, artificial intelligence-enabled approach that enables the creation of valuable physical science inventions much faster and more disruptively than ever before. Our inventions are already helping to define the next generation of products and services at companies across the USA, Europe and Asia, such as Sony, Philips, DuPont and Panasonic. All of the worlds top 10 technology companies – including Google, Microsoft and Apple – reference our inventions in their publications.
Not only do we invent fast, we are also growing fast! Come and join our teams in Switzerland (Lausanne) or in the UK (London or Cambridge).
We offer an opportunity to enjoy diverse work locations
- Skiing and hiking in the beauty of the Swiss Alps within 45 minutes of our Lausanne office
- Buzz and energy in one of the world’s most vibrant capitals at our central London office
Some of the other great benefits include
- Flexible working arrangements
- Close association with some of the world’s leading universities, including EPFL
- Many opportunities for publishing papers
- Travel and conference attendance is actively encouraged, together with continuous learning
- And of course an opportunity to join our friendly and fun loving team!
We are seeking a full-stack developer to work with our talented team of researchers and software developers, and play a leading role in building the products on top of our state-of-the-art technology.
We’re looking for people with expertise in front-end and back-end development. This includes experience with web frameworks, RESTful APIs, databases, architecture design and some knowledge of DevOps. An interest in and knowledge of machine learning and Natural Language Processing would be an advantage but is not essential. This role will give you the opportunity to be exposed to them.
This is a technically challenging and entrepreneurial role that will give you the opportunity of working in an exciting, high energy, creative and very fast-moving start-up environment – at the same time as working alongside some of the world’s best-known technology companies. We offer exceptionally competitive packages and a fun yet focussed working environment. The role of full-stack developer requires the following skills:
● Contribute to the technical design and implementation of Iprova’s products.
● Build applications from back-end to front-end to deployment
● Integrate machine learning prototypes in production
● Co-Lead software engineering best practices to maintain code quality
● Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, machine learning or equivalent.
● 4+ years commercial experience in back-end development including RESTful APIs, databases, and software design.
● 4+ years commercial experience in front-end development including at least one web development framework.
● Solid knowledge of software best practices, algorithms and datastructures.
● Experience scaling systems, including databases and distributed computing.
● Experience with cloud services such as AWS.
● Knowledge in machine learning and Natural Language Processing.
● A passion for invention, technology and next generation technologies.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: During periods where we receive very high numbers of applications, we will only reply to those we wish to advance.
Please note that we will only use the information you give us for recruitment purposes. By submitting your details to apply for a position, you consent to have your personal details used to process the job application. We will treat the information in strict confidence.