Product Development Director
Iprova is a pioneering and fast-growing technology start-up with offices in Lausanne, Switzerland, and London. We are working with some of the world’s best-known technology companies in North America, Europe and Japan to develop advanced AI-based algorithms that enable the products and services of tomorrow to be invented faster and more disruptively than ever before.
Every day we create inventions that help our customers to define new products and value-creating services in areas such as autonomous vehicles, healthcare and communications. Hundreds of patents have been filed by our customers on our inventions, and granted patents based on our inventions are cited by companies including Microsoft, Google and Amazon.
We are seeking a Product Development Director to work alongside our talented team of researchers and software developers, and lead the specification, planning and development of products that enhance and augment human creativity in business and technical applications.
We’re looking for dynamic, business minded, applicants who have a strong background in machine learning and linguistics, and who have had exposure to the use of ML and other algorithms to enhance or augment human creativity – perhaps through their work in relevant aspects of computational creativity. Expertise in the use of advanced machine learning in tasks related to Natural Language Processing is advantageous, and skills in deep learning, graph theory, data mining and automated knowledge extraction will be helpful.
This is a technically challenging, hands-on and entrepreneurial role that will give you the opportunity to work in an exciting, high-energy, creative and very fast-moving start-up environment, while also allowing you to work alongside some of the world’s best-known technology companies. We offer exceptionally competitive packages and a fun-yet-focused working environment.
- Join the Iprova management team, taking responsibility for our data-driven creativity platform, and associated products – initially focusing on technical invention, but in the future addressing other embodiments of creativity.
- Work with our partners and R&D team to update and advance our product roadmap, and associated planning and requirements documents, and work with team members to evolve our technology to fulfil the objectives defined in the roadmap.
- Benchmark against other research and products.
- Understand new commercial opportunities for our technology.
- Undertake hands on research to investigate hypothesis in the area of creativity, and develop associated prototypes
- Incorporate new fundamental research ideas into our development, extending the state-of-the-art – where needed – to meet our technology and product objectives.
- Work with our researchers and software engineers to design and run experiments. This will include leading the design and evaluation of new algorithms, as well as implementing known algorithms.
- Represent Iprova at events and act as an advocate for the company.
- Dynamic and “can-do” approach to life.
- Graduate degree in computer science, mathematics, electronics, machine learning or equivalent.
- Proven and relevant experience/research in computational creativity, or other fields relevant to augmented creativity.
- 5 years+ experience in software engineering and scalability, including product development.
- 2 years+ commercial experience in natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML).
- Proven software enginerring leadership and/or management experience at an AI centric company or start-up recognised for its technology.
- Expertise in information retrieval, automated knowledge extraction and/or deep learning.
- Experience with cloud computing.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the position and why you feel you will be suitable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: During periods where we receive very high numbers of applications, we will only reply to those we wish to advance.
Please note that we will only use the information you give us for recruitment purposes. By submitting your details to apply for a position, you consent to have your personal details used to process the job application. We will treat the information in strict confidence.